Monday, November 3, 2008

Baby Clothes!

Thanks to everyone who congratulated my family on the birth of Thadeus! I'm still on cloud nine and I can't wait until the weekend to see him. :o)

I've been sewing up a storm only it hasn't been quilting at all. I've been making baby clothes! I used to make baby clothes when I was a teenager with the thought of selling them. Like most of my get rich schemes, that plan failed. But I still have all of my baby clothes patterns.

So far I've made: a 6mths jacket, 6mths sleeper, 12 mths pants, swaddling blanket, and two hats.

I also have cut out a 0-3mths sleeper, 0-3mths pants, 6mths pants, and two bibs.

If I manage to get all that put together I have plans to make at least one more bib and then applique some onesies and maybe some booties.

I'd also like to make myself a totebag to take to the city. I'm not sure what design or colors I'll use yet though.

I haven't taken any pictures of the clothes I've finished yet so I'll get that done in the next couple days. And just so this isn't a picture"less" post here's my new favorite picture of Thadeus. :o)
Monkey toes!

5 comments:

Val said...

I need to be sewing baby clothes for my new grandson that is due in Dec. - Did you have the patterns? I can't wait to see what you have made. I just love to visit you. I am enjoying my towel and potholder also. Thank you again.

pollyanna said...

Oh look at those little toes...need to kiss those feet :) You are sewing up a storm. Love it!

Myra said...

LOL! Monkey toes indeed! LOL! What a little cutie-pie!!! Also a spoiled little cutie-pie by his Auntie... 8-)
What are Aunts for right!!! LOL!
I can just imagine your excitement to see him! I thought you might have gone this past weekend already...
Hope you are having better weather than me! 8-/
Happy stitchings!

Irene said...

Congratulations Auntie! Can't wait to see pictures of what you made.

cedar chest quilts said...

Congrats on the new nephew. I want to see the pictures of the baby clothes your making. Please let us know what pattern to use (or not use). Angie