Friday, December 5, 2008

Another finish and a weekend to do list

Here's our oreo penguins! The kids and I have studied penguins all week and this was our craft/snack today. Aren't they just darling?


It only took 40 mins to make the apron for my daycare girl who turns 5 tomorrow! For some reason I thought it would take longer. huh. Anyways she liked the apron and was willing to model it for me. :o)

See....a yellow apron - just like she asked for! And I got to use up some yellow that's been in my stash for a while now. It's very nice looking but every time I tried to put it in a quilt there was nothing that would go with it. It must have known it was meant to be an apron all along.
I made it a double layer for extra durability.

I put ties on the neck as well as the waist so that it's completely adjustable. The neck ties are a bit long. ;o)

So...there's another thing to cross off the list! This afternoon I sat down and made a somewhat ambitious weekend to-do list.
1.) Mend Denise's pillow Finished it while the kids were sleeping.
2.)Finish client's pj pants
3.)Finish my pj pants
4.)Quilt and bind Emily's quilt
5.)Let out Tyler's dress pants (Tyler is a former daycare child. These pants were too long on him in June and now they're way to short. He's 12 yrs old and 5' 10 1/2"!!!!!)
6.)Add some fabric to the bottom of one of GH's pj tops to lengthen it. (Not one of the one's I made him)

There you have it folks! We'll see how much I actually get done. Oh and I also have to do lovely things like house cleaning as well. bah humbug

3 comments:

pollyanna said...

Wow! Long list...and yoau re already finished with one. Bet you are finished with another by the time I finish typing this! LOL

Tara said...

The penguin cookies are a great idea! I'll have to try it with my kids.

Wilma Lee said...

I want one of those cookies!!!