Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Crafts

While cleaning up from the daycare party I noticed that a few of the kids had left the shirt boxes behind. They had such nice Christmas pictures on them that I couldn't just throw them out. So our Monday morning craft was making puzzles out of the leftover box tops. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!



I also started an ornament for mom's stocking Monday night. They have such a colorful tree that this one fits in nicely. I found the free pattern at www.abyquilt.blogspot.com
And I can't believe it but that was the only handmade gift I gave to any family member this year! I think I spent too much time on the daycare gift to even think of making anything else. Everyone seemed to like their storebought gifts anyways. ;o)
My brothers, sisterinlaw, sister and nephew (who's two months old now!) are here until monday so I plan on getting some more visiting in before they all go back to the big city and things return to normal here. I hope everyone had a great Christmas!


1 comment:

Myra said...

Great idea for the gift boxes! 8-)
Thanks for the link for the heart stitchery! 8-)